TRISHULI (One to four Days -rapid graded 3/4)
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge (Map)
The Trishuli River Rafting consider as a high commercial whitewater sports destination of Nepal due to its easy accessible. We can access not only from Kathmandu but also form Pokhara & Chitwan National Park. A Trip on this river can be made for a varied duration, depending on the availability of time and interest.
Scenic valleys and impressive gorges, exhilarating rapids and easier sections as well as the right amount of time all make it the perfect trip for first-time or experienced rafters.
In high water conditions, this will be the perfect river for a short blast with huge rapids and a turbo fast current. There are numerous exciting rapids as the name of Snail's nose, Teendevi, Malekhu rapid, Monkey rapid, Upset, Surprise, Monsoon, Cotton Pony, Ladies Delight, S-Bend, Highway, Monsoon and Pinball Rapid. This makes your fun more challenging during high flows with a good mixture of continuous rapids and pleasant calm water
Day 01: Early in the morning we travel by tourist coach, car, and private bus 82 kms west ward from Kathmandu or 78 kms eastern from Pokhara to the raft put in point Charaundi. The bus ride takes us out of the Kathmandu valley and through rice fields to the valley rim. From here the road drops dramatically around 800 meters in the village of Chauraundi on the bank of the Trisuli River. At the river everyone is fitted with a life jacket and helmet. Then the trip leader will give a lesson on river safety, paddling technique and what to do if you suddenly find yourself not sitting in a raft anymore. We begin rafting in languid pleasurable fashion to get the feel of the motion on a raft. The riverside scenery is exhilarating.
Day 02: At around 7:00 am in the morning tea/ coffee is ready. After a breakfast personal gears is loaded enter the raft. Before starting there is another paddling sessions refresh everyone's memory and scrap away last night fog. This is probably just as well as today we have another 4/5 hours on the water and we get to run more 3 and 3 + rapids. At Mugling the water of the Marsyangdi Tumbles in to the Trisuli increasing the volumes of the river. We stop for lunch at the confluence of the Trisuli and Marsyangdi River. After pinball rapid of Mugling the river eases a bit there are still a few challenging rapids and the scenery and the geography is very impressive. We end our last day with lunch at Simaltal or Ghaighat. After lunch you can drive to your onward destination. Whatever your travel plans is, we believe that you will sleep well tonight!
• Professional English speaking licensed guide & safety kayakers, highly trained safety team.
• International name brand ISO certified rafting & kayaking equipment including full personal outfitting from essential paddles, helmets & life jackets to dry tops, wetsuits, dry bags, pelican boxes
• Camping accommodation. We have top of the line camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, personal tents, tarpaulins, mattresses, etc.
• 3 Meals a day. We provide fresh, delicious & hygienically prepared food while on the river, including tea, coffee & hot chocolate as well as drinking water
• Round trip private transportation
• River permits
• Industry standard first aid kits
• Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc...
• Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc)
• Alcohol and junk food
• Plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment**
• Insurance **we provide insurance for our crew - but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan**
• Photos **we may offer trip photography at a small additional cost - please inquire!**
• Tips for guides **if you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited to offer a personal tip**