SETI (Two Days-rapid graded 2/3)
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge (Map)
Seti river rafting is Short River rafting of Nepal. The river is a really unique, pleasant and picturesque river passing through two beautiful and contrasting scenic areas of Manaslu and Annapurna regions. Having relatively small volume, blue and warm water it is perfect rafting for beginners, intermediate and family. Seti is Best River for learning kayak in Nepal as she has very best character for this. Seti rises on the southeast slopes of the sacred Mountain Fishtail and then flows to south, as a fairly typical Nepalese mountain river.
The water temperature is incredibly warm, making it a popular choice for winter trips and also for kayak clinics for the course of beginners, diploma and advanced as well.
Most of the year, the Seti is famous for its dazzling scenery is a gentle river, attracting families, bird watchers, nature lovers and dreamers. However, during the monsoon, its swollen rapids prove an exciting test for experienced rafters and kayakers.
The luxuriant vegetation visible along the river is a remnant of the vast forested area, which once covered the middle hills of Nepal. This area is inhabited by Magar who are renowned for generations of service with the Gurkha forces. Saranghat is a colorful middle hill village where you will have first night's camp on a spacious beach below the village.
Day 01: We leave Kathmandu in the early morning and drive to Damauli, our put in point. After the rafts are rigged we will set off down the Seti Khola. We spend the whole day within its forested canyon. The luxuriant vegetation we see is a remnant of the vast forested area, which once covered the middle hills of Nepal.
Even now we are objects of curiosity to the villagers. Traveling by rafts is a perfect way to view undisturbed wildlife. When we stop for lunch we have time to explore, Photograph, bird watching, swim or relax. Later in the afternoon we encounter a small but technical rapid near the village of Saranghat. Inhabited by Magars, who are renowned for generations of service with the Gurkha forces Saranghat, is a colorful middle hills village. Our first night we will set up camp on a spacious beach below the village.
Day 02: After we have finished breakfast and repacked the raft, we will set off down the Seti.. Later we encounter the technical rapid grade 3 shortly after the rapid we leave Seti Khola and enter Trisuli River. Here the middle hills recede and the Terai plain opens before us. The Topography has changed dramatically. The twisted severe rock formations give away to sandstone and gavel deposited by antecedent rivers.
After lunch we have opportunity to visit a unique religious community , Devhgat . Each Year thousands of pilgrims visit the ashram to worship. At this point Kali Gandaki joins the Trisuli River. The river now becomes the Narayani River. We float further down to a small town Narayanghat. Where we end our River trip.
• Professional English speaking licensed guide & safety kayakers, highly trained safety team.
• International name brand ISO certified rafting & kayaking equipment including full personal outfitting from essential paddles, helmets & life jackets to dry tops, wetsuits, dry bags, pelican boxes
• Camping accommodation. We have top of the line camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, personal tents, tarpaulins, mattresses, etc.
• 3 Meals a day. We provide fresh, delicious & hygienically prepared food while on the river, including tea, coffee & hot chocolate as well as drinking water
• Round trip private transportation
• River permits
• Industry standard first aid kits
• Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc...
• Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc)
• Alcohol and junk food
• Plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment**
• Insurance **we provide insurance for our crew - but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan**
• Photos **we may offer trip photography at a small additional cost - please inquire!**
• Tips for guides **if you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited to offer a personal tip**