ARUN (Seven days- Rapid 4/4+)
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge (Map)
The Arun is one of the most powerful whitewater current and fasted rivers in Nepal, cutting through the High Himalaya with deep and awesome gorges, green valleys and excellent riverside beaches.
Arun River flows by the melting of Mt. Makalu (8462m) and other mountains of that region uniting with thousands of small spring and streams along the thick woods of the famous Arun valley before winding its way down through the hinterlands of eastern Nepal.
Arun River Rafting is undoubtedly the most exciting white water river rafting in Nepal started by a day hike followed by four days of rafting. The powerful current and large water volume make sure huge and remarkable rapids are encountered the length of this river journey. The rapids can be technically and challenging compound.
The Arun is an excellent choice for a long whitewater rafting trip for those who are seeking a true adventure and the thrill of encountering huge rapids in a peaceful setting. It is the first choice for those wanting a whitewater expedition into the wilderness area.
Arun River Rafting starts with a 50 minutes flight to Tumlingtar and trek to Kartike Ghat, which will reduce your trekking days considerably but may increase the cost. Alternatively, you can drive to Helae via Dharan, and the trekking route follows a 3000-meter high ridge through beautiful woods and meadows with magnificent views of Kanchenjunga, Makalu and the Everest mastiff along the way.
From Kartike Ghat,(put in point)the 76 km path of the river is really breathtaking where you will raft on the gushing waters of Arun amid lush green forests, remote settlements, rocky mountains, and beautiful river beaches of eastern Nepal. Our guides and crews are very skilled and experienced to make this adrenaline rushing trip thrilling, yet safe for anyone who follows rules and order of the river guide.
Day 01: Drive to Hille by bus
Day 02: Arrival at Hille Bazaar, after lunch a short trek and overnight camping.
Day 03: Full day trekking and overnight camping.
Day 04: Full day trekking and camping on the bank of Arun river near Tumlingtar.
Day 05: Rafting and camping on the beach at Andherighat.
Day 06: Rafting and camping on the river bank at Barachhetra.
Day 07: Rafting to Chatara, lunch and then drive to Dharan, continue by night bus back to Kathmandu
• Professional English speaking licensed guide & safety kayakers, highly trained safety team.
• International name brand ISO certified rafting & kayaking equipment including full personal outfitting from essential paddles, helmets & life jackets to dry tops, wetsuits, dry bags, pelican boxes
• Camping accommodation. We have top of the line camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, personal tents, tarpaulins, mattresses, etc.
• 3 Meals a day. We provide fresh, delicious & hygienically prepared food while on the river, including tea, coffee & hot chocolate as well as drinking water
• Round trip private transportation
• River permits
• Industry standard first aid kits
• Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc...
• Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc)
• Alcohol and junk food
• Plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment**
• Insurance **we provide insurance for our crew - but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan**
• Photos **we may offer trip photography at a small additional cost - please inquire!**
• Tips for guides **if you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited to offer a personal tip**